Thursday, October 4, 2007

A trip to the park

We went to the park the other day and all Jessica wanted to do is read. She has recently discovered the joy of reading. Justin was a little bummed he didn't have her company. We ran into little Miss Izzy who is our neighbor's granddaughter- how cute is she?




Highlight of the week? yeah I had Toys R Us call a "Code Adam" for Justin. For those of you who don't know, a Code Adam is when you have a lost child. It is named after Adam Walsh- the America's most Wanted Host's son. So when you go up and say, as I did, I can't find my son, they call a Code Adam. This means that all of the exits are immediately sealed to prevent anyone from leaving. They had me stand at the door while every employee stopped what they were doing to search for him. Let's be clear I figured there was a 2% chance that anything bad happened to him and a 98% chance that he was off playing with toys and refusing to answer my call, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk. he was located within a minute and when he came up the aisle he was carrying the biggest skateboard you have ever seen! He had no idea why I might be upset he was just in the hot wheels area- duh. anyway, that was our excitement. we then went to look at the Star Wars stuff and drool over the new $120 light saber, it's on his Christmas list! I told him he had a better chance at the $20 ones but he was skeptical that Santa even made light sabers.

1 comment:

Kelly H. said...

That's an awfully cute picture of the little Toys R Us runaway. My kids would have been hiding in the clothing carousels where you can't see them.