Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend in CT

Our Goddaughter Julia turns 6 this Wednesday. She had a Karate party on Saturday. The kids were very excited. We debated bringing Justin but we were told that Julia said she would be very disappointed if Justin did not come, so off we all went. Justin was the youngest in the group, but by far one of the most excited. Julia did a great job leading the group in the excercises. Justin did his best but had to add an extra jump and giggle to everything he did. Well, then came the "self control" game. The children were told to stand in place and not laugh. If you laughed you had to sit down. The teachers and parents then walked around to get the kids to laugh. Well the leader went to Justin first, an obvious choice but he did not laugh. By the end almost every child was sitting and both leaders were trying to get Justin to laugh. He had a huge smile on his face but he didn't laugh. Suddenly she looked up and said, with much surprise in her voice, "Justin wins the self control contest", he was the only one still standing. We laughed so hard. Both kids loved breaking the wood with their hands and feet. They had a great time. I don't have any pictures of the party but maybe Kelly will post some on her blog- hint hint.

We then went back and had a sleepover at their house which was very fun for all. Kelly and I proved the ING cards still have their magic- we can do no wrong. Here are a few pics of the birthday girl- yes trying to get my assignment in for this week. I am enjoying this class and the leader is tough, which is what I wanted. What do you think, are my pictures getting better?




7 comments:

Kelly H. said...

OMG. Seriously like the best pictures I've ever seen of Julia. The classes are clearly paying off. Calling Neil to come see...OK, now I need the flash photography tips. The quality of the karate pictures is not helping my self confidence one bit.

When can you do Devin's?????? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow-za!!! Those are fantastic!! What a cute kid too. Glad you had fun. And yes, waiting for my appt for my kiddos...

Deb Hanna said...

awww shucks!

Anonymous said...

Kelly - I hope you have a lot of locks on your doors. You are going to need them NOW. Your daughter is absolutely stunning. Deb, your pictures are fantastic. Really good work here!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to hit "anonymous" there. . .

Kelly H. said...

Manj, thank you for un-anonymousing yourself. I was afraid there was a freaky stalker out there. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos. I love the new pose you're using with the kids- or maybe pose isn't right- I like how the subject is at an angle. Very cool.