Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

Since my birthday is 2 days before Halloween it has been our tradition that we carve our pumpkins on my birthday. Dee comes over and she, Marc and I go all out carve at least one pumpkin each. I did two this year. The other part of this tradition is that I scoop out ALL the pumpkins, not sure how this came to pass but I know this is Marc and Dee's favorite part of this tradition. So when Jessica got off the bus I was out on the driveway, scooping away. The kids had no interest in cleaning out the pumpkins, Jessica gave it a good effort for about a minute. But they were very interested in the carving. They carved 3 little ones. Justin was all about the power tools. His pumpkin is unique to say the least. I had to take the pumpkins away or else there wasn't going to be much left by the time they were finished.



Here are the pumpkins that Dee, Marc and I carved. Can you guess who did which one? Remember I did two. The one on the left was on the cover of the Extreme Pumpkins book that Andrew gave Marc for his birthday and the kids insisted someone do that one.

Well it is Halloween and there will be plenty of pictures tonight I am sure. Happy Haunting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the pumpkins look amazing. Am I the only one in the world who still uses a plain old knife to carve pumpkins? No wonder they look so lame. And Deb - Happy Belated Birthday. I am so sorry that I didn't remember. I hope it was a good one!

Kelly H. said...

Ok, I think Marc did the one on the left, Jess is second to the left and Deb's are the 2 on the right???

Anonymous said...

Hmm- I am not good at guessing. They all look awesome. We didn't get around to carving the pumpkins this year. I was going to do it today after school, but both kids were exhausted and went straight to bed after school...hmm I wonder why?

Kelly H. said...

Ok, waiting for the answers on who carved which pumpkin please????

Deb Hanna said...

you were mostly right Kelly. Except the one you thought Jessica did actually Dee did. well done