Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I feel your pain | Wilbraham, MA child photographer

As a photographer, I believe you all assume my own home has walls filled with beautiful pictures of my own children. Not true. My daughter Jessica has only recently begun to get over her PCS (photographer's child syndrome), she no longer runs screaming from my camera or makes horrible faces every time I pull it out. Add to this that I got some very cute dresses on sale at The GAP and a photo shoot seemed in order. Jessica was excited about our promised summer shoot- oops summer seems to have slipped away. So tonight we prepared for our shoot, she took a shower, and even let me do her hair and we headed off to my favorite spot.

What I want to tell you is- I feel your pain. Here I am and I am falling into all the same things you do- I am offering bribes and getting annoyed. I am sighing loudly at her less than helpful behavior and poses. Yes I have a fair share of outtakes but I do have some that I love. I know in the future I won't remember the things that annoyed me and will have these pictures to remember the sweet girl she truly is inside. I thought I would share a few with you, since you are all so nice to share your little ones with me.


And this is when I knew our session was coming to an end ...
So this fall when we get together and your child is goofing around and not listening- or swatting at imaginary bugs, just remember I have been there too and I feel your pain. And trust that I will get some beautiful pictures of your child too.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cook said...

I love these pics Deb. Nice post too! She's really growing into a young lady! sniff sniff....